Men searching for a reliable HGH supplement to increase their HGH levels naturally have the difficult task of finding a product that is both safe and effective. There are hundreds of HGH supplements on the market nowadays, which can make things difficult when looking for a new product.
The most important thing to remember is that not all HGH supplements are made the same. There are some products that are far superior to other products, and there's one simple way to figure out whether an HGH supplement is a superior product or an inferior product - by looking at the ingredients label.
How to Find a High Quality HGH Supplement
The single most important thing to do when researching an HGH supplement is to look at the ingredients label. The label will explain all of the relevant information needed to evaluate the product - whether it's safe, whether it can be effective, and whether it's properly dosed.
Price, brand reputation, and several other facts are important as well, but the ingredients label holds the key to discovering whether or not an HGH supplement is worth buying. So what should go in an HGH supplement?
Any quality HGH supplement is going to have a number of amino acids. Amino acids are the building block of protein and protein plays an important role in almost every biological process. A large portion of our cells, muscles, and tissue is made out of amino acids, and amino acids play an important role in many bodily functions, such as determining cell structure.
Amino acids are also the building block of HGH. Without essential amino acids, the body cannot produce HGH. This is another reason why a healthy diet and HGH supplement with amino acids can be a potent combination.
So what are some important amino acids that offer anabolic benefits?
- Arginine: Arginine is said to directly stimulate the release of growth hormone. It is also involved in protein synthesis and prevents the buildup of hydroxyproline, an amino acid found in collagen that indicates catabolism.
- Ornithine-Alpha-Ketoglutarate (OKG): OKG Is a salt formed from the amino acid ornithine and alpha-ketoglutarate. Research has confirmed that OKG stimulates the healing process and prevents catabolism because OKG stimulates the release of insulin and HGH, and by regulating glutamine and arginine production.
- Lysine: On it's own lysine only has a few benefits. However, when combined with arginine, studies have found it has potent anabolic effects thanks to increased HGH secretion.
- Glycine: Glycine is an important component of collagen and numerous research studies have found the amino acid can increase strength gains in athletes. Glycine also appears to directly influence HGH production, with one study finding that 6.75 grams of glycine taken orally raised HGH levels three to four times for two hours.
- Ornithine: Ornithine is derived from the amino acid arginine and high levels of oral ornithine have been shown to raise growth hormone secretion for up to twelve hours.
These amino acids are just some of the many important essential amino acids to the health of the human body. Other amino acids that may be beneficial include glutamine, tyrosine, serine, proline, and carnitine.
Growth Hormone Boosters
Besides the essential amino acids that make up growth hormone, there are a few other herbal extracts that may help enhance growth hormone levels. These growth hormone boosters include the following:
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek contains chemicals known as saponins, which have a wide range of health benefits. One of the most pronounced benefits is stimulating the release of growth hormone. Other benefits include increased energy levels, testosterone production, and libido, all closely related to HGH levels.
- Alpha GPC: Most of the research on alpha GPC revolves around its' ability to improve memory. However, some research has tied alpha GPC and increased plasma growth hormone secretion, which is why alpha GPC is an appealing compound for those looking to increase HGH levels for anti-aging purposes.
- Melatonin: Melatonin is a hormone naturally produced by the brain that regulates sleep cycle. In low doses as little as 10mg, melatonin works by lowering the release of somatostatin, which allows for the greater release of growth hormone.
- GABA: GABA is considered a potent neurotransmitter that supports mood, improves neurotransmission, and controls a number of other bodily functions like sleep and plasma hormone levels.
If you are lucky enough to find an HGH supplement that utilizes several of these compounds mentioned above, then you can be rest assured you've found a high quality HGH supplement. All of the ingredients mentioned above are also safe as well, so you can reap the benefits of HGH without having to sacrifice other parts of your health in the process.